- A memorial service is held for Ark Bennett, in light of his failure to get in touch with his family.
- The Battle of Korsy is fought on Turaxis II. Jim Raynor and Tychus Findlay, who both participated in the battle, were betrayed by their Confederate commander and defect from the Confederate Armed Forces.
- April: The Confederacy agrees to the possibility of peace talks with the Kel-Morian Combine.
- The Guild Wars end, with the Confederacy ‘negotiating’ peace with the Kel-Morian Combine. Although it retains its autonomy, the Combine's supporting mining guilds are annexed by the Confederacy.
- Angus Mengsk declares the independence of Korhal. He is killed shortly afterward. Arcturus Mengsk swears revenge on the Confederacy and joins the Rebellion of Korhal.
- The Umojan Protectorate is founded.
- Raynor and Findlay are cornered by Confederate forces on Haji. They manage to escape however.[note 1]
|The next article in this series is 2490.|
- ↑ The exact timing of this event has not been given. However, as it is established that Raynor and Findlay went AWOL in 2489, and had been on New Sydney continuously for five years by 2494, the events on Haji must have occurred between these two events.