Achievements are a type of reward in StarCraft II.
Players of StarCraft II and Diablo III will share "gamer achievements", adding up to a Blizzard Level, in a similar manner to the system in World of Warcraft. They are available in single-player, but only if the player is connected to the internet. They are also available for multiplayer games and custom maps such as Aiur Chef, Left 2 Die and StarJeweled. Achievements can also be won for undertaking challenges.
Achievements cannot be obtained while using cheats.
If StarCraft II loses connection to Battle.net during the course of a mission, achievements may not be awarded even if all criteria are met.
Each mission in the Wings of Liberty campaign has three achievements: an achievement for completing all of the mission objectives regardless of difficulty, and two challenge achievements: one for normal difficulty and one for hard difficulty, with the exception of In Utter Darkness, which has two normal difficulty achievements. Note that completing the achievement on a harder difficulty will still reward the achievement. For example, killing 5 enemies units with Raynor and killing every Dominion unit in the mission Liberation Day on Brutal will reward both challenge achievements. This also applies to achievements like the completionist achievements.
In Heart of the Swarm and Legacy of the Void, each mission has two achievements that can be accomplished on normal difficulty, and one "Mastery" achievement that can only be accomplished on Hard. Nova Covert Ops has a similar layout of achievements, but does not separate them between regular and mastery.
A certain number of achievements points will unlock medals on a player's profile.
- StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty achievements
- StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm achievements
- StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void achievements
- StarCraft II: Co-op Missions achievements
- StarCraft II Mission Packs achievements
- StarCraft II Versus achievements
- StarCraft II custom games achievements
- StarCraft II Arcade achievements
- StarCraft II exploration achievements
- StarCraft II Feats of Strength achievements
- ↑ Tracey John. 2008-08-01. Blizzard Plans To Track Gamer Achievements Across ‘WoW,’ ‘Starcraft’ And ‘Diablo’. MTV Multiplayer. Accessed 2008-08-01.
- ↑ Gunnar Petzall. 2009-06-29. StarCraft 2 page 2. Inc.Gamers. Accessed 2009-06-29.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment staff, Greg Canessa. 2010-02-009. Battle.net Preview. Blizzard Entertainment. Accessed 2010-02-09.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. 2011-04-06. StarCraft II Official Mods Now Available. Blizzard Entertainment. Accessed 2011-04-06.
- ↑ Cam Shea. 2009-07-10. StarCraft II's Design Philosophies. IGN. Accessed 2009-07-11.