Overview[edit | edit source]
Adjutants are sometimes simply addressed as "computer", though they're physically humanoid in design. Significant portions of the original ATLAS coding and functionality still exist in them. Terran commanders understand the value that adjutants bring, as their ever-present gaze over the field of battle offers a strategic edge, and helps commanders keep their troops in line. Their functions include navigation, administration, decryption, presenting history, acting as advisers for terran commanders, storing recipes and storing data. When playing an audio feed, their voices adjust to match the speaker(s).
Other Information[edit | edit source]
This following section contains information from concept art that may not be canonical.
- A glitchy adjutant(src)
Heat sinks are located on the back of the adjutant's head. When performing complex calculations, steam can be seen rising off of the 'fins' there.
In the past, adjutants were cybernetic, possessing organic components. In contrast, modern adjutants are entirely synthetic. While adjutants are designed to be appealing to the terran eye, they're bereft of social skills; akin to a terran with Aspergers. They were intentionally designed to fall into the uncanny valley.
An adjutant can function for decades, but their AI can break down and become erratic over extended service. They can enter a "repair mode" if needed.
Game Effect[edit | edit source]
StarCraft[edit | edit source]
In StarCraft, the adjutant serves as the terrans' racial icon, and as the adviser in-game.
StarCraft: Ghost[edit | edit source]
This article or section contains information about StarCraft: Ghost, which has been declared non-canon. Elements may be taken as 'flavor lore' however.
StarCraft II[edit | edit source]
In StarCraft II, the adjutant remains as the terrans' racial icon and adviser. The adjutant portrait is available upon completion of the Mar Sara Mastery achievement. They are the de facto announcer for terrans in multiplayer, and also serve as the portrait for the AI in multiplayer (as displayed on loading screens).
Heroes of the Storm[edit | edit source]
Known Adjutants[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- In reality, an adjutant is a military rank or appointment, usually serving as an officer who assists a more senior officer.
- Early in the development of StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm, zerg adviser Izsha used to be an adjutant, from an era where they were cybernetic rather than synthetic. Her organic components allowed her to be infested by the zerg. Her backstory was later stated to be the remnants of Amanda Haley, a psychic medic, though this was never confirmed in-game.
- In the tutorial screen of StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty, if the player waits long enough after completing all the tutorials, the adjutant will say "I want to be the commander. I also want legs."
- An adjutant voice pack is available for download for internet streamers.
- Nova uses a black-skinned Dominion Special Forces adjutant in Co-op Missions. Han and Horner use a spiked and rusted Mira's Marauders adjutant.
- Vikings and wraiths in the mission With Friends Like These..." use the portrait of Adjutant.
Lemon Chicken[edit | edit source]
If a player waits long enough in the briefing of Boot Camp, an adjutant will ask the magistrate if he's all right. Eventually, the adjutant will deliver a recipe for Chinese lemon chicken, which is as follows:
- 1 pound sliced chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon of corn starch
- 3 teaspoons of soy sauce (dark)
- 1 sliced lemon