- Akilae war chant(src)
The Akilae were entrusted with the Uraj crystal by the xel'naga, a khaydarin crystal that was twin to the Khalis crystal of the Sargas Tribe. As the tribes diverged, it grew different from its twin.
The Akilae dominated the other tribes for centuries during the Aeon of Strife, but quickly saw that Khas' vision of unity heralded a bold new age for the protoss. After submitting to the Khala, the Akilae were entrusted with protecting Aiur.
With the coming of the zerg in 2499, the Akilae argued with the Judicator Caste that the terrans should be saved, not arbitrarily destroyed. A number of Akilae served alongside Executor Tassadar in the Koprulu Expeditionary Force throughout the Great War.
- The name Akilae is possibly derived from the Latin word Aquila, which means "eagle". The emblem of the Akilae tribe resembles a bird in flight. The Romans used the "aquila" as a military symbol; a flag bearing the aquila would be held by a Legion's best soldier. Aquila is also the name of a constellation.
- The tribe's symbol is the default decal for the protoss race in multiplayer.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Underwood, Peter, Bill Roper, Chris Metzen and Jeffrey Vaughn. StarCraft (Manual). Irvine, Calif.: Blizzard Entertainment, 1998.
- ↑ Chris Metzen, StarCraft Legacy staff. 2009-04-03. SC:L Metzen Interview - Lore Exclusive. StarCraft Legacy. Accessed 2009-05-18.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft. Vivendi Games. Mission: The Dark Templar (in English). 1998.
- ↑ Golden, Christie (June 30, 2009). StarCraft: The Dark Templar Saga #3: Twilight. Simon & Schuster (Pocket Star). ISBN 978-0-7434-7129-9.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty. (Activision Blizzard) (in English). July 27, 2010
- ↑ (2007). StarCraft: The Board Game (manual). Fantasy Flight Games.