Apocalypse-class nuclear missiles were a type of nuclear missile used by the Terran Confederacy before the Great War. Due to the destruction of Korhal, the Confederacy began using much smaller nukes.
The Destruction of Korhal
- Main article: Destruction of Korhal
The colonists of Korhal IV rebelled against their former masters, the Terran Confederacy. The latter resorted to assassinating its first leader with ghosts but still failed to control the rebellion. The Confederacy resorted to firing a thousand Apocalypse-class nuclear missiles at Korhal from the distant Confederate capital of Tarsonis, killing four million people and setting the forests on fire.
By 2501, the Terran Dominion was using smaller tactical nukes identified as Apocalypse-class. These were fired from battlecruisers. A cluster were fired from the Sons of Korhal-era battlecruiser Cyrus, which had not been upgraded since the Fall of Tarsonis.
- Underwood, Peter, Bill Roper, Chris Metzen and Jeffrey Vaughn. StarCraft (Manual). Irvine, Calif.: Blizzard Entertainment, 1998.
- Neilson, Micky (December 18, 2000). StarCraft: Uprising. Simon & Schuster (Pocket Star). ISBN 0-7434-1898-0 (eBook).
- Grubb, Jeff (February 27, 2001). StarCraft: Liberty's Crusade. Simon & Schuster (Pocket Star). ISBN 0-671-04148-7.
- Gerrold, David (w), Fernando Heinz Furukawa (p, i). StarCraft: Ghost Academy: Volume 3 (paperback binding). Tokyopop, March 8, 2011. ISBN 978-1427-81614-6.