On April Fools' Day, Blizzard Entertainment frequently conducts practical jokes revolving around its games.
Blizzard created a series of jokes around the tauren marine and other Warcraft/StarCraft universe "crossovers".
The StarCraft II site was updated with a terran unit called the terra-tron, shown in a short flash video being assembled from an entire base.
Blizzard advertised "Queen's Quest".
StarCraft: Motion Overdrive, a "game" similar to StarCraft II for the console. In addition, Blizzard "released" an extensive "patch".
Blizzard released several news items: Introducing Blizzard Kidzz, Announcing StarCraft®: Supply Depot™, Fledgling Heroes: Blizzard Novels for a New Generation (the StarCraft related story is Ross Harrison and the Secret Academy) and New Zergotchi Authenticator.
The warhound was restored as a StarCraft II multiplayer unit as the worker unit for each race. This was a "prelude" to greater use in all Blizzard products.
Blizzard renamed StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void to Herald of the Stars and announced a fighting game called Blizzard Outcasts: Vengeance of the Vanquished.
Blizzard offered a Spear of Adun model on sale (and to scale at that), B'Motes and closure of the Legacy of the Void beta.
Carbot Zergling Co-op Missions commander announced. New game StarCraft II Balance Manager 2016 announced. A playable browser game named Maximum Novadrive is released.
A new mutator for Co-op Missions, "Sudden But Inevitable," pits both commanders against each other on the "Steppes of Betrayal" map. An overlord announcer was also announced.
A fake balance patch, Patch 4.1, was announced for StarCraft Remastered.
- ↑ StarCraft II: Tauren Marine. Accessed on 2008-01-04
- ↑ StarCraft II: Terratron Accessed on 2009-02-04
- ↑ 2010-04-01, Queen's Quest. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2010-11-20
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. 2011-04-01. StarCraft: Motion Overdrive. Blizzard Entertainment. Accessed 2011-04-01.
- ↑ Bashiok. 2011-04-01. StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty – Patch 1.4.11. Blizzard Entertainment forums. Accessed 2011-04-02.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. 2012-03-21. Blizzard Entertainment: Community: Current News (April 1st, 2012). Blizzard Entertainment. Accessed 2012-04-10.
- ↑ David Kim, 2013-04-01, Situation Report -- April 1, 2013. Battle.net, accessed on 2013-04-01
- ↑ Bizzard Entertainment, 2013-04-01, Blizzard Creative Development Warhound Q&A Blizzard Creative Development Warhound Q&A. Battle.net, accessed on 2013-04-01
- ↑ Bizzard Entertainment, 2014-04-01, Hitting on the Selection of a Name. Battle.net, accessed on 2014-04-01
- ↑ Bizzard Entertainment, 2014-04-02, April Fools!. Battle.net, accessed on 2014-05-23
- ↑ 2015-03-31, Pre-Order Legacy of the Void Keepsake Now!. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2015-04-02
- ↑ 2015-04-01, Sound off with Confidence: Introducing B’Motes. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2015-04-02
- ↑ 2015-04-01, Legacy of the Void Beta Concludes!. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2015-04-02
- ↑ Carbot Zergling Co-op commander. Battle.net, accessed on 2016-04-01
- ↑ SC2 Balance Manager 2016. Battle.net, accessed on 2016-04-01
- ↑ Maximum Novadrive. Battle.net, accessed on 2016-04-01
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void. (Activision Blizzard). PC. Mission: Co-op Missions Mutator, Sudden But Inevitable (in English). 2017-04-01.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. 2017-04-01. Overlord Announcer coming to StarCraft II!. Blizzard Entertainment. Accessed 2017-04-01.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. 2018-04-01. Overlord Patch 4.1. Blizzard Entertainment. Accessed 2018-04-01.
April Fool's Archive