- Arbiter pilot(src)
The Arbiter is a protoss warship specializing in providing psychic support.
Lumbering but durable support vessels,arbiters are piloted by members of the Judicator Caste, and are infused with psionic energy. The Judicator uses the arbiter as a base to provide support using space-time manipulation. While capable of inflicting light damage. the arbiter is far more valued for its ability to create dynamic tactical advantages for the Great Fleet.
The Judicator can generate a large reality-warping field that serves to conceal nearby friendly units. The arbiter had to remain firmly anchored in space-time to generate the field and so is not concealed itself. Furthermore, arbiters can weaken space-time, tearing rifts in the fabric of space-time, creating a vortex linking another location to the arbiter's location. This can be used to move personnel and supplies over long distances. On the other hand, arbiters can also strengthen space-time and create discrete pockets of space-time, trapping objects and preventing those objects from interacting with objects outside of their pockets.
Prior to the Great War, arbiters were crewed exclusively by Judicators, unlike other warships that were manned predominantly by Templar. The arbiter often accompanied protoss war fleets into battle.
After the Judicator Caste was eliminated from the protoss power structure, the arbiter quickly fell into disuse. When the protoss fled Aiur to Shakuras, the technology for arbiters was lost along with Aiur. During the End War however, the Daelaam recovered the Spear of Adun from Aiur. The construction details for building the arbiters were still in the ship's databanks, and they were redeployed to serve in the End War, outfitted with a variant of the phase disruptor cannon named the warpspace cannon.
- For StarCraft gameplay information see: Arbiter (StarCraft).
- For StarCraft in-game quotations see: StarCraft Arbiter Quotations.
- For StarCraft II gameplay information see: Arbiter (StarCraft II).
- For StarCraft II in-game quotations see: StarCraft II Arbiter Quotations.
Known Arbiter CommandersEdit
- Executor Koronis
- Judicator Amdor
- Judicator Assmael
- Judicator Syndrea
- Talandar (through temporary consciousness transfer)
An arbiter (or arbitrator) is an individual whose decision the parties to a dispute agree to be bound in arbitration. This could be said to be representative of the Judicator Caste.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Barba, Rick. StarCraft Field Manual (hardcover). Insight Editions, November 17, 2015.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Underwood, Peter, Bill Roper, Chris Metzen and Jeffrey Vaughn. StarCraft (Manual). Irvine, Calif.: Blizzard Entertainment, 1998.
- ↑ Mesta, Gabriel (July 1, 2001). StarCraft: Shadow of the Xel'Naga. Simon & Schuster (Pocket Star). ISBN 0-671-04149-5.
- ↑ Chris Metzen, StarCraft Legacy staff. 2009-04-03. SC:L Metzen Interview - Lore Exclusive. StarCraft Legacy. Accessed 2009-05-18.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void. (Activision Blizzard). PC. War Council interface (in English). 2015-11-10.