- Mode summary.(src)
Archon Mode is a gameplay mode introduced in Legacy of the Void. In it, two players take control over a single army and battle against an enemy duo. By sharing the responsibility of commanding troops and managing resources, players can focus on their own areas of the battle and execute more intricate strategies. It is designed to make the game's gameplay more accessible for newcomers, as training in 1v1 games required custom games or practice mode to gain experience previously.
The following section contains information from a previous version of StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void which is no longer valid.
Initially, the mode had one player focus on macro, and the other on micro. This was later changed to allow general control by both players.
- 2014-11-07, NEW PLAY MODE CONFIRMED FOR STARCRAFT II. Blizzpro, accessed on 2014-11-08
- 2014-11-7, BlizzCon 2014 Press Kit
- 2014-11-08, Legacy of the Void: Archon Mode. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2014-11-24
- 2015-12-02, BlizzCon 2015 The Future of StarCraft II Panel Transcript. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2015-12-14
- 2015-06-11, BlizzCon 2014 – StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Multiplayer Panel Transcript. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2015-06-23