You may be looking for:
- Backwater Station slogan(src)
Backwater Station was a town on Mar Sara.
During the Great War, Backwater Station was a military base. A Confederate command center was located on an adjacent ridge to the east, although whether this can be considered part of the station proper or not is speculative, given its isolation and that it didn't appear on any maps of the area.
On December 13, 2499, Backwater Station came under attack by the zerg. Its personnel took cover in bunkers. The station was saved by Marshal Jim Raynor and local militia forces sent in by the Colonial Magistrate. They were arrested by General Edmund Duke on the pretext of destroying Terran Confederacy property.
Second Great WarEdit
Backwater Station became the center of Terran Dominion logistics on Mar Sara when Dominion forces set up a logistics headquarters in the town. The Dominion forcibly shipped citizens from there to excavate a xel'naga artifact at White Rock Base. The people of Backwater Station were anti-Dominion, but lacked weapons and organization. In 2504, shortly after the Dominion pulled troops out of the city, Raynor's Raiders moved to destroy their authority there. The locals assisted Raynor in destroying the logistics headquarters. Raynor seized weapons and distributed them to the local populace.
The zerg landed on Mar Sara as Raynor and Tychus Findlay waited for transport off-world at Backwater Station. Raynor and his marines manned bunkers and held two bridges long enough for them to be extracted by the Hyperion.
- 'Big Daddy' Browder's Gas & Guns!
- Dominion Logistics Headquarters (formerly)
- Joeyray's Bar
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Grubb, Jeff (February 27, 2001). StarCraft: Liberty's Crusade. Simon & Schuster (Pocket Star). ISBN 978-0671-04148-9.
- ↑ 2008-10-13. StarCraft II in-game cinematics. Gameplanet. Accessed 2008-10-15.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft. Vivendi Games. Mission: Backwater Station (in English). 1998.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty. (Activision Blizzard). PC. Mission: Wings of Liberty, Liberation Day (in English). 2010-07-27.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty. (Activision Blizzard). PC. Mission: Wings of Liberty, The Outlaws (in English). 2010-07-27.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty. (Activision Blizzard). PC. Special Report: UNN newscast after "Liberation Day." (in English). 2010.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty. (Activision Blizzard). PC. Mission: Wings of Liberty, Zero Hour (in English). 2010-07-27.