You may be looking for:
Behemoths are a space-borne species. Immense and docile creatures and bearing resemblance to manta rays, behemoths travel through space, even between star systems, using their own energy.
Behemoths drifted through the void of space, gaining air from the atmosphere of planets. However, they were incorporated into the zerg gene pool when they passed close to Zerus, lured in by the psychic beacon of the Overmind. The zerg developed resistance to vacuum exposure from them, which gave the zerg the ability to travel through the vacuum of space. The zerg exploited this ability to attack the xel'naga worldships and escape from Zerus.
Behemoths were sighted as late as 2503, and were able to carry overlords and other zerg breeds in the folds and pockets of their sprawling bodies and act as transports, notably when transporting the Kukulkan Brood from Char to Bhekar Ro and, after the Brood War, when infested terran Ethan Stewart's forces followed Ulrezaj's xel'naga vessel. A behemoth can carry thousands of individual strains within itself. They are able to sense body heat.
The following article contains information about a StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm unit or structure that was canceled.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Mesta, Gabriel (July 1, 2001). StarCraft: Shadow of the Xel'Naga. Simon & Schuster (Pocket Star). ISBN 0-671-04149-5.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty. (Activision Blizzard). PC. Mission: Wings of Liberty, Shatter the Sky (in English). 2010-07-27.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty. (Activision Blizzard). PC. Mission: Wings of Liberty, All-In (air version) (in English). 2010-07-27.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Underwood, Peter, Bill Roper, Chris Metzen and Jeffrey Vaughn. StarCraft (Manual). Irvine, Calif.: Blizzard Entertainment, 1998.
- ↑ Golden, Christie (June 30, 2009). StarCraft: The Dark Templar Saga #3: Twilight. Simon & Schuster (Pocket Star). ISBN 978-0-7434-7129-9.
- ↑ Johnston, Antony. "“Acid Burns”." (April 18, 2013). Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft Lore: Acid Burns Accessed 2013-04-18.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. Heart of the Swarm beta Map Editor. (Activision Blizzard) (in English). September 4, 2012