Christmas is Earth holiday of the religion of Christianity that was regularly celebrated from its conception well into the 21st century. The rise of the United Powers League in the 2200s saw a crackdown on old world religions, with many sects of Christianity and aspects connected to it being banned by the Unitariate Commissions in 2231.
In spite of this, celebration of the holiday continued through the Long Sleep into the Koprulu sector. Christmas trees could be found on Tarsonis during the rule of the Terran Confederacy, and many terrans used the holiday regularly in their day to day expressions.
The following article or section contains information from a Christmas map and may not be canon.
- An map named Twelve Days of Starcraft was released for StarCraft, as well as an acompanying song that parodies the famous carol The Twelve Days of Christmas.
- The Co-op Missions mutator Violent Night is themed after Christmas, with commanders fighting Amon to obtain gifts.
- The protoss holiday of Khas'mas is likely a combination of the names of Christmas and the protoss hero Khas.
- ↑ Underwood, Peter, Bill Roper, Chris Metzen and Jeffrey Vaughn. StarCraft (Manual). Irvine, Calif.: Blizzard Entertainment, 1998.
- ↑ Hickman, Tracy (May 21, 2002). StarCraft: Speed of Darkness. Simon & Schuster (Pocket Star). ISBN 978-0671-04150-2.
- ↑ Golden, Christie (May 22, 2007). StarCraft: The Dark Templar Saga #1: Firstborn. Simon & Schuster (Pocket Star). ISBN 978-0-7434-7125-1.
- ↑ 2001-02-02, Operation Claws. StarCraft Compendium Map Archives. Accessed on 2008-15-03
- ↑ 1999-12-23. Twelve Days of Christmas. Accessed 2009-05-26.