The creep tumor is a structure that extends the creep. It resembles a cluster of boils protruding from the creep.
Overview[edit | edit source]
They have eight stubby "legs," which they use to burrow into the ground.
Creep tumors could play a role with players making "creep highways."
Game Unit[edit | edit source]
Starcraft II[edit | edit source]
Creep tumors are created by queens or by other creep tumors and must be built on creep.
The creep tumor is burrowed, rendering it stealthy. The stealth enables "offensive" creeping. In the single-player Wings of Liberty campaign, however, creep tumors are always able to be seen even without detector units. Later in the Heart of the Swarm campaign, it gained its burrowed ability again. Many missions feature the zerg dropping sacs on the player's base, spawning a creep tumor in addition to the occasional reinforcing zerg units.
Versus[edit | edit source]
- Upgrades and Abilities
The queen forces a creep tumor out of her bowels.
Alternatively, each creep tumor may create a single additional creep tumor, using the same build time but no energy cost. This changes the tumor's appearance.
Creep tumors can only be created upon the creep, and within a range.
Heart of the Swarm[edit | edit source]
In Heart of the Swarm, the creep tumor gains a new spawning animation.
When Kerrigan reaches level 7 creep gets spread faster and farther.
Co-op Missions[edit | edit source]
Friendly ground units gain 30% attack speed and regenerate 1 hit point per second while on creep. Creep tumors spread creep faster (from 0.45 to 0.225) and farther (from 10 to 13).
Passive: Kerrigan's Creep bonuses applies to all creep, including Stukov's automatic creep spread.
Malevolent Matriarch: Friendly ground units gain 60% attack speed and regenerate 2 hit points per second while on creep. Creep tumors spread creep faster (from 0.45 to 0.15) and farther (from 10 to 16).
Development[edit | edit source]
The following section contains information from a previous version of StarCraft II which is no longer valid.
In older versions of StarCraft II, the creep tumor could evolve into a shrieker. Shriekers extended the range of swarm clutches to anywhere within its own detection radius, and through careful positioning could effectively double their attack range in some cases.
By September 2008, creep tumors were made smaller and burrowed, and it was confirmed that zerg units moved faster while on creep.
- Patch 1.5
On August 2012, Antiga Shipyard was be used to playtest upcoming changes. Blizzard reduced the creep tumor build radius, vision radius, and creep spread radius from 10 to 8, in order to make it more difficult for a zerg player to spread creep over the entire map.
Heroes of the Storm[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
The creep tumor has been referred to as a "sunken cluster"; this is a misnomer.
Images[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Blizzard Entertainment staff. 2014-08-14. Units: Queen. Blizzard Entertainment. Accessed 2014-08-14.
- Karune. 2009-02-18. StarCraft II Q&A - Batch 49. Battle.net StarCraft II General Discussion Forum. Accessed 2009-02-18.
- Blizzard Entertainment. 2012-06-08. Heart of the Swarm Update - New Videos (StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm - Battle Report (Protoss vs Zerg)). Blizzard Entertainment. Accessed 2012-06-08.
- Mielke, James. 2008-05-08. The Dangerous Book for Zerglings: The latest intel on Zerg units and structures (page 2). 1up.com Accessed 2008-05-08.
- AGMLauncher. 2008-03-12. Starcraft 2 Zerg Details & Trailer. GameReplays. Accessed 2008-03-20.
- Leord. 2008-06-30. List of New Zerg Changes. StarCraft Wire. Accessed 2008-06-30.
- Anderson Mccutcheon. 2008-09-17. StarCraft 2 September Discussion Topic: Zerg Creep. SC2 Blog.
- Blizzard Entertainment. 2012-08-08. Call to Action: Balance Testing. Blizzard Entertainment. Accessed 2012-08-09.
- 2014-05-30, Blizzard Says Heroes of the Storm Is "Much Closer to a World of Warcraft Experience". Gamespot, accessed on 2014-05-31
- Joneagle_X. 2008-03-15. Unit Clarifications. "StarCraft 2 Forum." Accessed 2008-05-08.