The following section contains information about the game Overwatch; it is not canon.
D.Va (or Hana Song) is available as a player portrait and an announcer for those who purchased a ticket for BlizzCon 2016. Her announcer pack was also available as part of a bundle with the Nova Terra announcer. She can currently be bought as a separate announcer. D.Va also comes as a default spray in StarCraft II.
- "Corporal Song" is a variant of D.Va, stemming from her goliath skin in Heroes of the Storm. Both share the same surname.
- D.Va was teased as the #1 ranked player in the StarCraft II World Championship Series at the age of 16, however this fact was deemed non-canonical by the writers of Overwatch.
- In the canon of Overwatch, D.Va is a professional gamer who also regularly played StarCraft, though it was not her main game. Her in-game character makes various references to StarCraft and esports culture. Her announcer pack implies that her father also played StarCraft.
- In her Heroes of the Storm iteration, D.Va has a goliath skin. When D.Va is mounted on a "carpet" style mount without her MEKA, the phone she holds shows the title screen of StarCraft: Brood War.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 2016-10-17, BlizzCon In-Game Goodies: D.Va Announcer and Portrait! . Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2016-10-17
- ↑ 2018-02-01, "D.va was never a StarCraft pro": the retcon we missed. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2018-02-01
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. Overwatch (Blizzard Entertainment) (in English). February 29, 2016