You may be looking for:
- Drakken pulse cannon description(src)
The Drakken pulse cannon (or air defense cannon) is a Terran Dominion planetary defensive weapon system. It is capable of firing from the surface of a planet to destroy targets in orbit.
During the Second Great War, Dominion forces set up a Drakken cannon on Phaeton to eliminate any stragglers as they warped in from Research Station EB-103. The cannon was destroyed by Sarah Kerrigan with help from Naktul and her brood.
Korhal possessed a "Drakken defense network" that consisted of numerous pulse cannons. During Kerrigan's invasion of Korhal the cannons destroyed many incoming zerg as they attempted to land. Sarah Kerrigan had Abathur modify the virophage to create the bile launchers, long-range bombardment structures. The bile launchers were deployed to the surface of Korhal and destroyed the Drakken cannons, allowing the bulk of the zerg to land on the planet and continue the invasion.
- The Drakken cannons found in "Planetfall" are unable to be attacked by the player; only the bile launchers are able to attack them (dealing 75 damage per hit). If the player stations air units around the cannons to provide vision, over the course of the mission they can see the launchers attacking and destroying the cannons one by one.
- A similar ground-based plasma pulse weapon was developed in the Broken Mesa during the Brood War.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm. (Activision Blizzard). PC. Mission: Heart of the Swarm, Rendezvous (in English). 2013-03-12.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm. (Activision Blizzard). PC. Mission: Heart of the Swarm, Planetfall (in English). 2013-03-12.
- ↑ 1999-06-1999, Broken Mesa. StarCraft Compendium Map Archives. Accessed on 2015-05-22.