The dune runner (also spelt as dune-runner) was a swift, agile, nomadic, small and savage creature native to the desert world of Zz'gash. Exposure to Zz'gash's harsh weather made dune runners a fairly adaptable species, and their leathery skin developed seven distinct layers with specialized humidity-retention ducts. These prevented moisture loss, while still allowing fluid circulation to keep the dune runner's body temperature at an appropriate level. They apparently had dorsal fins on their backs. It is known that they possessed a tail with a spike that portruded from the tip.
References[edit | edit source]
- Barba, Rick. StarCraft Field Manual (hardcover). Insight Editions, November 17, 2015.
- 2011-05-20, A Smaller Type o' Zerg. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2011-05-26
- Unit: Zergling, Blizzard Entertainment. Accessed on 2010-12-15
- Underwood, Peter, Bill Roper, Chris Metzen and Jeffrey Vaughn. StarCraft (Manual). Irvine, Calif.: Blizzard Entertainment, 1998.
- Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm. (Activision Blizzard). PC. Evolution pit units (in English). 2013.
- Zergling. StarCraft Compendium. Accessed on 2008-01-04