You may be looking for:
Escape pods are small escape craft used to evacuate starships in the event of an emergency.
Terran escape pods, also referred to as "lifepods" or "lifeboats," are small terran craft used for transport in emergencies. They are attached to capital ships such as Behemoth-class battlecruisers,, liberators, science vessels and cargo ships. However, their presence is not a given.
Pods contain basic supplies that are bolted to the walls and/or carried in mesh pouches, such supplies including MREs and a med-kit. A weapons locker is also present, containing at least five types of pistol, a Torrent SR-8 shotgun and AGR-14 rifle. It is equipped with harnesses for six individuals and a cockpit for both a pilot and co-pilot. Pods are capable of planetary landings and travel through space. Gravity is maintained even when in the latter, suggesting compatibility with gravity accelerators.
Escape pods can travel a fair distance, at least between worlds. However, due to limited fuel and food, a pod cannot remain in space indefinitely and has to land eventually.
The protoss have their own escape pods, designed to carry one or two protoss. They can carry ten days worth of oxygen and protective suits, and are protected by shields. They are carried by carriers and motherships. Many have a similar design to scouts, and retain the fighter's maneuverability, though lacking their weaponry and only fitting one to two protoss within.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Rosenberg, Aaron (June 1, 2006). StarCraft: Queen of Blades. Simon & Schuster (Pocket Star). ISBN 0-7434-7133-4.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Golden, Christie (May 22, 2007). StarCraft: The Dark Templar Saga #1: Firstborn. Simon & Schuster (Pocket Star). ISBN 0-7434-7125-3.
- ↑ Houser, Jody (w), Guzmán,Gabriel (p, i). "StarCraft: Scavengers: Issue 4" StarCraft: Scavengers 4 (7) (October 31st, 2018) Dark Horse Comics.
- ↑ Bogdanove, Kal-El. "Frenzy." (Feb. 28, 2013). Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft Lore: Frenzy Accessed 2013-02-28.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm. (Activision Blizzard). PC. Mission: Heart of the Swarm, Enemy Within (in English). 2013-03-12.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Golden, Christie (June 30, 2009). StarCraft: The Dark Templar Saga #3: Twilight. Simon & Schuster (Pocket Star). ISBN 978-0-7434-7129-9.
- ↑ StarCraft II, mothership unit quotations