Overview[edit | edit source]
Khalai[edit | edit source]
Among the Khalai/Daelaam, the term "executor" identifies the leader of the protoss Templar Caste. The highest ranking amongst the Templar is given the rank of executor. The seat of office was the Citadel of the Executor. Executors who have held this position include Zoranis, Adun, Tassadar, and Selendis.
Protoss who are given this rank are sometimes referred to as a "high executor."
Other Executors[edit | edit source]
Some other factions, such as the Tal'darim, have their own executor(s). Purifiers based off the personalities of past executors were still addressed by their model's rank, though Talandar appeared to be able to achieve the rank.
Other Information[edit | edit source]
Known Executors[edit | edit source]
- Artanis (promoted to hierarch)
- Clolarion (Purifier)
- Nyon, the Tal'darim Executor
- Selendis (current Templar Caste executor, or high executor)
Other[edit | edit source]
- Unnamed Executor (the player character of Episode IV, not to be confused with the executor of Episode III, who is actually Artanis).
- Unnamed Executor (took part in a mission to Aridas).
- Unnamed Expedition Leader (led an ill-fated expedition to colonize Kaldir)
Game Effect[edit | edit source]
An executor serves as the default announcer for protoss players in StarCraft II, and likewise serves as their structure portrait. While the standard executor portrait is a Templar, Purifier, Tal'darim, Ihan-rii, and xel'naga variants are available in Versus/Co-op Missions.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- In StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void, Rohana refers to Artanis's advisers - Vorazun, Karax, Talandar, and Alarak - as his executors. However, none of them aside from Talandar officially hold the rank.
- Ornatus, the portrait the player receives for completing the Jewel of Denial achievement, resembles an executor portrait with a gem-like shine around its head.
- An "Executor" character was set to appear in an early build of StarCraft: Ghost. No information information exists in the games files on them, other than their hatred of the Nerazim.