A fone is a handheld communications device utilized by terrans. Available as early as 2478, fones have the ability to store other fone numbers in its memory, keep track of calls made have a vibration function, can download ringtones, display maps and receive text messages and electronic files, displayed on their screen such as news reports. Images can also be "chopped" and "mixed." At least some regulations are applied to fones.
Either directly or indirectly, standard fones are capable of receiving messages between different star systems. Interplanetary fone technology was available to Confederate marines during the Guild Wars, but was very expensive to use, though only half as much as a vidsys. The technology required an intricate series of signal boosters and relays to operate. Ringtones, such as Guild Tones, were massively popular crazes among the terrans of the sector.
"Fone" is an abbreviation for "phone" used in text messaging.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 McNeill, Graham (December 30, 2008). StarCraft: I, Mengsk. Simon & Schuster (Pocket Star). ISBN 1416-55083-6.
- ↑ DeCandido, Keith R. A. (November 28, 2006). StarCraft: Ghost: Nova. Simon & Schuster (Pocket Star). ISBN 0-7434-7134-2.
- ↑ Dominion Propaganda, Blizzard Entertainment. Accessed on 2010-06-19
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Dietz, William C. (April 6, 2010). StarCraft II: Heaven's Devils. Simon & Schuster (Gallery Books). ISBN 978-1416-55084-6.
- ↑ Waugh, James. "Changeling." (November 18, 2009). Blizzard Entertainment. Changeling: A Short Story by James Waugh Accessed 2009-11-18.
- ↑ Waugh, James. "A War On." (Feb. 13, 2013). Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft Lore: A War On Accessed 2013-02-13.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. 2010-07-21. Ghosts of the Past. Blizzard Entertainment. Accessed 2010-07-21.