The glaive wurm, or glave wurm, is a semi-sentient parasite utilized by mutalisks. Mutalisks attack by firing the parasites with great force. The parasites may bounce off and strike multiple targets while disintegrating explosively, able to ravage entire armies. Glaive wurms are genetically modified in the mutalisk's womb to quickly age as they sped through their air, reaching full maturity upon reaching their final target and inflicting maximum damage. They will change in color from an incandescent green in their "adult" cycle, to an emerald sheen as it ages, finally to a viridian shortly before death.
The glaive wurms are launched from a mutalisk's modified ovipositor. They trace their origins to the glave parasite, which bonded with the mantis screamers prior to their assimilation by the zerg.
Notes[edit | edit source]
The following section contains information from a previous version of StarCraft which is no longer valid.
References[edit | edit source]
- 2014-09-25, Mutalisk Science. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2014-09-27
- Mutalisk. StarCraft Compendium. Accessed 2008-08-24.
- Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void. Collections Tab: Skins. July 19, 2017
- Kogge, Michael. "Carrier." (May 09, 2013). Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft Lore: Carrier Accessed 2013-05-09.
- Bogdanove, Kal-El. "Frenzy." (Feb. 28, 2013). Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft Lore: Frenzy Accessed 2013-02-28.
- Hidden Pics, Angelfire. Accessed on 2018-06-06
- StarCraft Beta Manual. Internet Archive. Accessed 2019-08-28.