According to Egon Stetmann, he created the harvesting bots himself, in a cave, with a box of scraps, with the intention to collect terrazine. He formed a familial connection with these bots, calling one named Gary his best friend, and giving them the best oil. Whether by design or by upgrades, Gary gained some semblance of an artificial intelligence, and could communicate with Stetmann, often doubting his heroic antics and tactics.
Stetmann made plans for armed super harvesting bots, with increased abilities. However, as he thought Gary would get jealous, these upgrades were only applied to Gary.
Harvesting bots appear in the Co-op Missions map "Mist Opportunities" as NPC units. They will periodically spawn from the cliff by the players' base, and move on tracks towards the designated terrazine sites. The players must escort the bots to protect them from enemies. Contrary to their unit model base, the science vessel, the harvesting bots are ground units, and have a cannon similar looking to the liberator Concord cannon.
Harvesting bots have a self-casting defensive matrix ability, identical to that of the battlecruiser. It lasts 10 seconds and absorbs 200 damage before falling. It costs no energy to cast but has a 15-second cooldown.
Known Harvesting BotsEdit
- As the harvesting bots gather terrazine, the empty fuel tank visible in the middle of the unit will visibly fill with the gas.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment staff. 2016-08-31. Patch 3.6 Preview: New Co-op Map: Mist Opportunities. Blizzard Entertainment. Accessed 2016-08-31.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. Co-op Commander: Stetmann Youtube.com Accessed 5-29-2019.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. Co-op Missions. (Activision Blizzard). PC. Egon Stetmann (in English). 2019.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void. (Activision Blizzard). PC. Mission: Co-op Missions, Mist Opportunities (in English). 2016-09-13.