The Republic of Italy was a nation state of Earth, located on the Italian Peninsula of southern Europe.
Following a period of social upheaval in the 22nd century, the majority of Earth's nations were united under the United Powers League, Italy included. However, this came at the price of its native tongue, English designated as the common tongue of the planet.
Despite the end of its political independence, Italy's legacy lived on. Venice was regarded as "a sacred icon of our Earth heritage" by Ed Smith, the city providing the name of the space platform of New Venice. Avernus and its Avernus Station receive their name from the Avernus crater. In addition, knowledge of Rome and the empire it was once the center of is retained by the terrans of the Koprulu Sector. Italian cuisine exists in the sector as well.
- ↑ Underwood, Peter, Bill Roper, Chris Metzen and Jeffrey Vaughn. StarCraft (Manual). Irvine, Calif.: Blizzard Entertainment, 1998.
- ↑ 1999-10-08. New Venice StarCraft Compendium Map Archives. Accessed 2007-08-26
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty. (Activision Blizzard). PC. Mission: Wings of Liberty, Ghost of a Chance (in English). 2010-07-27.
- ↑ Golden, Christie (May 22, 2007). StarCraft: The Dark Templar Saga #1: Firstborn. Simon & Schuster (Pocket Star). ISBN 0-7434-7125-3.
- ↑ DeCandido, Keith R. A. (w), Fernando Heinz Furukawa (p, i). StarCraft: Ghost Academy: Volume 1 (paperback binding). Tokyopop, December 29, 2009. ISBN 978-1427-81612-2.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty. (Activision Blizzard). PC. Mission: Wings of Liberty, Media Blitz (in English). 2010-07-27.
The list of authors can be seen in the page history of Italy.
Wikipedia content was licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License prior to June 15, 2009 is. Wikipedia content from June 15, 2009, and StarCraft Wiki content, is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported).