You may be looking for:
- An advertisment for the bar(src)
Joeyray's Bar, also known as Joeyray's, is a bar on Mar Sara owned by Joeyray. It is a locals-only establishment, far off the beaten track and situated in one of Mar Sara's most arid and disreputable districts. It holds fame among music circles due to the presence of its jukebox, playing tracks banned by the Dominion. Its exterior structure is of grey-bricks.
- Bar slogan(src)
The bar has the following features:
- On the neon sign reading, "JOEYRAY'S BAR," the lights sometimes flickered to read "U PAY RAY" and "PAY UP".
- Raynor's old marshal badge hung on a wall, along with a Great War-era picture of Sarah Kerrigan, a Viking in walker mode, a Raynor's Raiders poster and a picture of the winners of the Fourth Annual Hydralisk Derby.
- The bar's beverages included Scotty Bolger's Old No. 8 Whiskey, Benson Cognek., Gritton's Single Malt Whiskey, Absinthe and ZROM Rum.
- A corkboard wall with pinned vidsnaps of Raynor with the crew from the Hyperion, his squad from his days as a Confederate marine, and Sarah Kerrigan before her infestation.
- A Nosh brand television and two other screens, which broadcast Universal News Network. One of these was shot at by Jim Raynor, and the cost was put on his tab.
Jim Raynor was a patron during the interbellum and was declared its "most famous patron". He used it as his unofficial headquarters for a time and word of his presence spread. Mar Saran Evening Gazette journalist Humbert H. traveled there, hoping to spot Raynor and the bar's jukebox. Dodging the Dominion, he got what he wanted, along with some pranks. Delighted and enthusiastic, he vowed to return.
On the eve of the Second Great War, Raynor used the bar as his command center after watching a UNN broadcast there which prompted him to resume his revolution against Arcturus Mengsk. The rebel shot the television screen in anger, and Joeyray put that on his tab as well.
Tychus Findlay also tracked Raynor to the bar. They returned after a mission, only to learn of a zerg invasion; they would have to evacuate. The pair took the bar's jukebox when they left Mar Sara at the onset of the war; it was installed aboard the Hyperion in the cantina.
Joeyray's Bar features as the central structure for Tychus Findlay in Co-op Missions. He lugs it from battlefield to battlefield via a Hercules at the start of a match, but it can be rebuilt once destroyed. From the bar, outlaws of the new Heaven's Devils can be recruited from there for a price. When the Outlaws are beaten, they'll escape back to the bar where they will respawn after paying 250 minerals and 25 seconds.
- The bar's name may be a reference to Joeyray Hall, a Blizzard cinematics editor.
- The bar was present in the 2008 build of Wings of Liberty. Here, a poster of the Heaven's Devils was present. This is absent from the game's final build, though it makes an appearance in the ending cinematic of Legacy of the Void.
- The bar's structure bears great resemblance to the cut merc haven structure.
- A set of Joeyray's Bar pint glasses are available for sale from the Battle.net store and from ThinkGeek.com.
- The bar can be seen on the loading screen of Heroes Brawl in Heroes of the Storm. A bar named "Joeyray's Bar II" was used for the trailer for the Winter Veil 2017 event, with a similar layout to Joeyray's.