We follow paths unseen,
Never to be watched or heard,
Our senses are too keen."
- Motto of the Kimeran Pirates.(src)
The Kimerans have access to very advanced technology, including enhancements to their battlecruiser, the Kimera. It had onboard teleporters and was almost impossible to track. Velichek, an inventor, had also significantly upgraded the traditional ghost technology. They stole technology such as low-energy lockdown rounds and were willing to buy technology stolen from other criminals.
- Main article: Deception
One of their most recent missions involved a raid on a Confederacy remnant science facility by three Shadow Pirates. Buzan said the information collected on this raid would gather his agents valuable shore leave, and also told them that killing wouldn't bring them profit.
During the mission, the pirates found the installation to be heavily guarded, and wondered if someone knew they were coming. However, Buzan said it was impossible, as "no one can track the Kimera". During the raid they encountered Morik, an infested terran subject to experimentation, as well as Infested Stukov, who should have been dead at that point. The facility was mysteriously destroyed (from the inside), and as the Kimeran Pirates fled with the information, they were followed by cloaked Wraiths.
The Pirates likely sold the information for a tidy profit.
- Main article: Mercenaries II
Stukov tracked the Kimerans to a dark world, where they had taken shelter along with some of Stukov's other enemies.
Stukov hired mercenaries to attack them. Despite using the power of the Kimeran Juggernaut in defense and banding with other enemies of Stukov, the Kimeran Pirates on the planet were destroyed by Stukov's mercenaries.
Even after their defeat, the pirates continued to known as an infamous group and continued to deal in black market goods. After the Brood War, a group of reapers under Nero attempted to steal Mark VII hub drives from the Terran Dominion and sell them to the Kimeran Pirates.
During the End War when Amon attacked Korhal using void shards, the Kimerans dispatched two pirate capital ships to Korhal, intending to plunder the Augustgrad Bullion Depository structures in the midst of the chaos. Allied forces under command of Corporal Faraday destroyed the ships to prevent the Kimerans from escaping.
The Kimeran Pirates had a large pool of mercenaries to draw upon. They employ specialist ground units such as Space Pirates (ghosts) and Shadow Pirates (Nerazim (warriors). The pirates also have/had a number of ships in their arsenal, including the Kimera, Kimeran Juggernaut, and a pirate capital ship.
- Captain Buzan, leader and commander of the Kimera.
- Manic (Space Pirate)
- Twitch (Space Pirate)
- Velichek (inventor)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Blizzard Entertainment. 2010-07-24. Cast of Characters: Tychus Findlay. Blizzard Entertainment. Accessed 2010-07-24.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2000-10-27. StarCraft: Brood War. Vivendi Games. Mission: Deception (in English). Map Archives: Deception.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Gerrold, David (w), Ruben de Vela (p), Dan Borgonos (i). "Fear the Reaper." In StarCraft: Frontline: Volume 4 (paperback binding), pp. 28-71. Tokyopop, October 1, 2009. ISBN 978-1427-81698-6.
- ↑ Chris Metzen, StarCraft Legacy staff. 2009-04-03. SC:L Metzen Interview - Lore Exclusive. StarCraft Legacy. Accessed 2009-05-18.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 2001-01-31. StarCraft: Brood War. Vivendi Games. Mission: Mercenaries II (in English). Map Archives: Mercenaries II.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void. Vivendi Games. Co-op Missions: Rifts to Korhal. (in English). 2015-11-10