The Knights of Tyrador are known for their chrome and platinum sheen to their units. While many are reinforced for practical reasons, much more effort is made to make their units look good for Tyrador IX's clientele and customers, at the expense of their effectiveness in combat. Many of their machines have have coatings made to maximize gleam and scratchproofing. Their hellions were designed in collaboration with fashion designer JJ Hyun.
While the Knights of Tyrador's job is security, many of their duties are to amuse the guests of Tyrador IX. Some are used in amusement parks for fireworks, have enhanced thrusters and floodlights which hamper them in combat, and enhanced weight. Their trained medivac dropship pilots are experienced, but mostly focus on rescuing tourists in yacht accidents. Dignitaries above a certain rank who visit the planet are greeted to a ten round salute from their siege tanks.
The Knights of Tyrador were formed in the wake of the Defenders of Man Insurgency, where the feral zerg invasion devastated the booming trade industry of Tyrador IX. They were armed with visually striking and extravagant weapons to give the illusion of security, but corners were cut in the effectiveness of their weaponry.
The Battle of Tyrador IXEdit
Some time after the Defenders of Man Insurgency, the Cerberus Program were hired by a rival system to invade Tyrador IX with their enslaved zerg broods in order to sabotage their industries. A Tyradorian reaper, who was taking the long way back to base to avoid a dust storm, first spotted the invasion force. The Cerebrus attack focused on New Canaan, and the defenders mistook the mechanized headlights of their hydralisks for that of dune buggies. Much of the Knight's banshees were destroyed in the first wave of Cerberus's attack, as ravagers punctured holes in their defensive line. One banshee was able to kill three ultralisks before being shot down. Many of the Knight's vikings were taken down by flocks of mutalisks.
As New Canaan seemed on the verge of falling, a high altitude Knight raven detected a mass of stone ships in orbit belonging to the Ihan-rii protoss. The Knights sent a Behemoth-class battlecruiser to meet with their oracles and request aid. The Ihan-rii blindsided the Cerberus zerg, blasting into their ranks with their warfleet.
- The Knights of Tyrador symbol is a possible tribute to the logo of the competitive StarCraft II team and community hub TeamLiquid.
- The Knights of Tyrador are possibly a successor to the Tyrador IX Colonial Militia, who protected the planet under the reign of the Terran Confederacy.
- A special edition Knights of Tyrador 6" battlecruiser figurine was produced by Dark Horse Comics.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void. Collections Tab: Skins. July 19, 2017
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2020-02-18. War Chest Skins 5 StarCraft Store. Accessed 2020-02-18.
- ↑ 2019-08-15, StarCraft II - War Chest Season 5 Preview. Battle.net, accessed on 2019-08-15
- ↑ McNeill, Graham (December 30, 2008). StarCraft: I, Mengsk. Simon & Schuster (Pocket Star). ISBN 978-1-4165-5083-9.
- ↑ StarCraft Blizzard Exclusive 6 Mini Replica Limited Edition Metallic Terran Battlecruiser, Blizzard Gear. Accessed on 2020-02-13