If multiple hatcheries are selected, pressing the "S" hotkey will select all of the available larvae at all the selected hatcheries. The player must press a hotkey (or select a morph icon) once for each unit they wish to build.
- A larva can produce a large variety of units: drone, overlord, zergling, roach, corruptor, mutalisk, hydralisk, swarm host, viper, infestor, and ultralisk.
- However, there are some zerg units that are not directly produced by the morphing of larvae: queen, baneling, overseer, brood lord, lurker, ravager as well as spawned units such as broodlings, changelings, locusts, and infested terrans.
Queens can target a hatchery/lair/hive, causing it to eventually spawn four larvae. These join any already-present larvae. The larva-producing structure will not naturally produce any more larvae until the total falls below three. The larva count for any given hatchery/lair/hive cannot exceed nineteen, no matter how many times spawn larva is cast.
- +1 bonus to armor per level for zerg ground units.
The ability to spawn additional larvae can indirectly help the zerg economy, as this enables them to produce a high number of drones (or a high number of combat units, or a mix of both).
The larva only underwent a single revision during development, in order to make it resemble the portrait model.
Create 100 Larvae with Queens in a single Unranked or Ranked game.
Spawn extra larvae always as possible. It may also help in getting the Zerg Macro Master achievement.
- ↑ 2015-09-03, Legacy of the Void Beta Balance Update -- September 3, 2015. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2015-09-09
- ↑ 2015-09-17, Legacy of the Void Beta Balance Update -- September 17, 2015. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2015-09-30
- ↑ Karune. 2009-02-18. StarCraft II Q&A - Batch 49 (page 3). Battle.net StarCraft II General Discussion Forum. Accessed 2009-02-18.
- ↑ 2010, Starcraft 2: Zerg Larva. Deviantart, accessed on 2011-07-20