You may be looking for:
Overview[edit | edit source]
The brood has signature genetic traits, including a predisposition for its strains to extrude spikes from their bodies as well as a chaotic essence. Many of its strains demonstrate notable deviations from the base strains that comprise the Swarm. Its corruptors are adapted to survive in high gravity environments, its infestors bear more resemblance to the borbu matriarch, its vipers bear more hallmarks of the defiler (due to the brood's age), and its overseers and swarm hosts are capable of operating in aquatic environments. A number of its strains are noted for their increased aggression, such as roaches (due to vespene exposure), ravagers, and even the brood's queens. Of all the Swarm, the genetic link between hydralisks and lurkers is greatest in the Leviathan Brood, and the brood's hydralisks never lost the ability to metamorphose into lurkers during the Second Great War.
History[edit | edit source]
The Leviathan Brood is one of the original broods of the Zerg Swarm. It was active during the Great War and/or Brood War. After the latter conflict, the Leviathan Brood remained or came under control by Sarah Kerrigan, where her Swarm's new strains (both warrior and command) were integrated into its gene pool.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The brood is named after the Leviathan, an enormous biblical sea monster.
- The brood makes virtually no appearance in the original StarCraft, but mostly functions as a placeholder for the 8th zerg player in multiplayer matches.
- In the Galaxy Map Editor, the Leviathan Brood models is referred to as "Webby."
- Internally, locations in the mission Shadow Hunters that refer to the brown zerg, which is usually the Grendel Brood, refer to the Leviathan Brood instead.
- In Co-op Missions, Zagara uses the skins of the Leviathan Brood a number of her units, aside from scourge and aberration.
- The brood gains representation of sorts in StarCraft II via the first War Chest. All the zerg variant skins are said to be of the Leviathan Brood.
References[edit | edit source]
- BlizzCon® 2017 War Chest Skin Bundles, Blizzard Entertainment. Accessed on 2018-08-12
- Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void. Collections Tab: Skins. July 19, 2017
- Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft: Brood War. (Blizzard Entertainment) (in English). November 30, 1998
- Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft. (Blizzard Entertainment) (in English). March 31, 1998
- Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft. Vivendi Games. Mission: Shadow Hunters (in English). 1998.
- Blizzard Entertainment. Co-op Missions. (Activision Blizzard). PC. Zagara (in English). 2018.
- 2017-07-15. War Chests Page. Battle.net. Accessed 2017-07-15.