The light armor suit is a scaled down version of the standard protoss power suit worn by high templar. Adorned with cloth, the suit provides limited protection against small-arms. It may be configured with full life support, limited nuclear/biological/chemical (NBC) protection, and a transceiver to communicate without telepathy. These suits are less bulky and more intricately designed than their power suit counterparts, and is fashioned from a light metal alloy that reacts to psionic input. Like the power suit, the light armor suit can be equipped with wrist-mounted projectors capable of shaping the user's will into psionic blades. However, as the high templar forgo physical combat in favor of psionic mastery, these weapons are regarded as a last resort.
Teleportation mechanisms are built into light armor suits. When a protoss wearing one of these suits nears death, they disappear in a flash of bright light as the user seemingly disappears to a place of safety. These mechanisms can also be activated manually.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Bill Slavicsek, David Eckelberry, Shawn F. Carnes. Alternity: StarCraft Edition. Wizards of the Coast, March 1, 2000. ISBN 0-7869-1618-4.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2015-04-09, High Templar Science. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2015-04-11
- ↑ Rosenberg, Aaron. StarCraft: Queen of Blades. New York, London, Toronto and Sydney: Pocket Star Books, May 2006. ISBN 0-7434-7133-4.
- ↑ Karune. 2007-01-22. StarCraft II Q&A - Batch 26. Battle.net StarCraft II General Discussion Forum. Accessed 2008-01-22.
- ↑ Furman, Simon (w), Tomás Aira (p, i), German Erramouspe (i). "Creep." In StarCraft: Frontline: Volume 2 (paperback binding), pp. 26-67. Tokyopop, January 1, 2009. ISBN 1427-80831-7.