"I see no difference between the two."
The insignia of the family is the Wolves of Korhal, which is often represented by the heads of two wolves facing each other or in opposite directions/ Members of the dynasty are known for their love of quality liquors and port wine.
The dynasty possessed great wealth. In addition to its family ties, the Mengsk Dynasty possessed numerous industries, including machine tooling and AAI and hovercar production. All of these industries were self sufficient, owning everything in the process that led to the finished product.
- Augustus Mengsk †
- Angus Mengsk † (Birth–2489)
- Katherine Mengsk † (Through marriage–2489)
- Arcturus Mengsk † (2460–2505)
- Dorothy Mengsk † (2474–2489)
- Valerian Mengsk (?–Present)
|Mengsk Family Tree|
Heads of the DynastyEdit
- Augustus Mengsk † (unknown period, succeeded by Angus)
- Angus Mengsk † (?–2489)
- Arcturus Mengsk † (2489–2505)
- Valerian Mengsk (incumbent)
- Jaq Delor † (security guard, ?–2478)
- Achton Feld † (chief of security, later promoted to second-in-command of the Rebellion of Korhal, ?–2491)
- Lon Helian (tech, formerly)
- Nestor Jurgens (factory manager)
- Seona (domestic worker)
The men of the Mengsk dynasty have a liking for port. Angus preferred amber and white port, Arcturus liked ruby port, and Valerian is fond of the tawny variety.
When designing the insignia of the Mengsk Dynasty, Blizzard initially considered using the lion as a symbol. However, this would be too similar to the flag of the Kingdom of Stormwind from World of Warcraft. As such, the wolf was chosen, referencing the emperors of Rome.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 McNeill, Graham (December 30, 2008). StarCraft: I, Mengsk. Simon & Schuster (Pocket Star). ISBN 1416-55083-6.
- ↑ E.C. Myers. "Waking Dreams." (August 4, 2020). Blizzard Entertainment. Waking Dreams Accessed 2020-08-04.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 StarCraft Legacy staff. 2009-04-04. StarCraft II Lore Panel. StarCraft Legacy. Accessed on 2009-05-12
- ↑ Cast of Characters: Arcturus Mengsk, accessed on 2014-01-11
- ↑ Beta. Accessed on 2008-01-26