Mutators are special conditions added to maps in Co-op Missions rotated on a weekly basis every Monday. They reward players with bonus experience depending on the difficulty. They were introduced in Patch 3.3.0.
Mutator[edit | edit source]
The Ultimate Price[edit | edit source]
Amon has drawn you into a war of attrition. Your forces are exhausted, and even the simplest of tasks are a drain on your resources. Missiles rain down from above, and minerals can sometimes be hard to gather. hang in there, secure the locks, and it will all be worth it.
This mutation applies to "Lock & Load."
- Micro Transactions: Giving commands to your units costs resources based on the unit's cost.
- Missile Command: Endless missile bombardments target your structures and must be shot down throughout the mission.
- Mineral Shields: Mineral clusters at player bases are periodically encased in a shield which must be destroyed for gathering to continue.
Overview[edit | edit source]
Mutators are special conditions that bring additional challenge and diversity to existing Co-op Missions. Mutators can vary wildly, from having to fight a completely cloaked army, to dodging lava erupting from the ground. Mutators vary on a weekly basis. Each week, players have the chance to take on a Weekly Mutation where several Mutators are applied to a Co-op Mission. The mutation will be available for seven days with a break before the next one begins. Difficulty levels can still be selected, as can normal Co-op Missions, with the ability to toggle between the two modes.
Bounties[edit | edit source]
If players complete the weekly mutation, they will be awarded a tiered XP "bounty" bonus based on the difficulty level selected. Completing a weekly mutation on a higher difficulty level will award the cumulative sum of all XP bonuses up to that level. For example, completing the weekly mutation on Hard will award the sum XP bonus of Casual + Normal + Hard.
Previous Mutations[edit | edit source]
Custom Mutations[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- 2016-05-09, Legacy of the Void Patch 3.3: New Co-op Content and Features. YouTube, accessed on 2015-05-09.
- 2016-05-16, StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void 3.3.0 Patch Notes. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2021-05-17.