Mutators are special conditions added to maps in Co-op Missions rotated on a weekly basis every Monday. They reward players with bonus experience depending on the difficulty. They were introduced in Patch 3.3
Current Mutator[edit | edit source]
Flipping Out[edit | edit source]
Chaos reigns over the ritual of Rak'Shir. Enemies are not where they first appear to be, and your forces find themselves overcome with fear. Even your own perspective is warped and twisted. Maintain focus long enough for Ji'nara to win the challenge.
This mutation applies to "Chain of Ascension."
- Vertigo: Your camera randomly changes positions.
- Fear: Player units will occasionally stop attacking and run around in fear upon taking damage.
- Evasive Maneuvers: Enemy units teleport a short distance away upon taking damage.
Overview[edit | edit source]
Mutators are special conditions that bring additional challenge and diversity to existing Co-op Missions. Mutators can vary wildly, from having to fight a completely cloaked army, to dodging lava erupting from the ground. Mutators vary on a weekly basis. Each week, players have the chance to take on a Weekly Mutation where several Mutators are applied to a Co-op Mission. The mutation will be available for seven days with a break before the next one begins. Difficulty levels can still be selected, as can normal Co-op Missions, with the ability to toggle between the two modes.
Bounties[edit | edit source]
If players complete the weekly mutation, they will be awarded a tiered XP "bounty" bonus based on the difficulty level selected. Completing a weekly mutation on a higher difficulty level will award the cumulative sum of all XP bonuses up to that level. For example, completing the weekly mutation on Hard will award the sum XP bonus of Casual + Normal + Hard.
Previous Mutations[edit | edit source]
Custom Mutations[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- 2016-05-09, Legacy of the Void Patch 3.3: New Co-op Content and Features . YouTube, accessed on 2015-05-09
- 2016-05-16, StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void 3.3.0 Patch Notes. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2016-05-18