The nydus network is a nest-like structure, made available to a zerg colony once it has upgraded into a lair. It spawns nydus worms, and it is inside these structures that the worms dwell. It directs peristatic motion and chemical stimuli to the worms as a form of control, and provides nourishment for the worms.
Wings of LibertyEdit
The nydus network creates nydus worms. All networks and worms are accessed and connected through the user interface. Units within the nydus system may not be attacked or harmed.
Allied units, air units and mobile crawlers cannot enter the system.
The network may transport as many units as are selectable (up to 255 in patch 1.1). Units enter and exit in a queue. Only the first several units are visible from the interface.
A network's rally point orders exiting units to attack-move to the rally point.
The system persists unless all networks and worms are destroyed, in which case all units being transported are lost.
Allied units cannot enter the nydus network.
Heart of the SwarmEdit
The following section contains information from a previous version of StarCraft II which is no longer valid.
The network used to be called the "nydus warren". The warren was needed to build and research abilities for the infestor. However, this function has been moved to the infestor pit. The queen's nest model from StarCraft was used as a placeholder for the the nydus warren. Allies were once able to enter another player's nydus network, however allied zerg networks would not be linked
Known Nydus NetworksEdit
- ↑ Barba, Rick. StarCraft Field Manual (hardcover). Insight Editions, November 17, 2015.
- ↑ 2014-12-04, More Zerg Science (All Too Easy). Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2014-12-06
- ↑ Mielke, James. 2008-05-08. The Dangerous Book for Zerglings: The latest intel on Zerg units and structures (page 2). 1up.com Accessed 2008-05-08.
- ↑ "The green spidery-like building on the top left is the new art for the Baneling Nest, the prerequisite building to morph Zerglings into Banelings. The new art in the middle is the Infestor Pit, which allows Infestors to be built. Infestor upgrades are also available at that building." Karune. 2008-06-17. Re: Planetary Update: Char (page 2). Battle.net StarCraft II General Discussion Forum. Accessed 2008-06-17.
- ↑ StarCraft II Zerg Gameplay sAvIoR vs HwaSin
- ↑ Karune. 2008-10-28. StarCraft II Q&A Batch 45. Battle.net StarCraft II General Discussion Forum. Accessed 2008-10-28.