One less-than-complementary expression that was attributed to the planet was "bitching like a Pridewater fishwife."
Colonized by 2480, Pridewater was originally a colony of the Terran Confederacy, its economy dominated by the Kal-Bryant Mining Conglomerate, whose foremen secretly sided with Umoja during the Guild Wars. Two years after the war ended, they assisted the Sons of Korhal in their attack on the Ghost Academy of Tarsonis.
For a period of ten years, the capitol of Pridewater was plagued by a string of murders from a man who gained the name "The Butcher of Pridewater," who would keep his victims alive for days before he killed them. The man was arrested and sent to the Confederate Marine Corps for resocialization.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Neilson, Micky (December 18, 2000). StarCraft: Uprising. Simon & Schuster (Pocket Star). ISBN 0-7434-1898-0 (eBook).
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2008-12-17, Elements of Brood War. Fantasy Flight Games. Accessed on 2009-01-31
- ↑ Bogdanove, Kal-El. "The Fightin' SceeVees." (May 30, 2013). Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft Lore: The Fightin' SceeVees. Accessed 2013-05-30
- ↑ McNeill, Graham (December 30, 2008). StarCraft: I, Mengsk. Simon & Schuster (Pocket Star). ISBN 1416-55083-6.
- ↑ Waugh, James. "A War On." (Feb. 13, 2013). Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft Lore: A War On Accessed 2013-02-13.
- ↑ DeCandido, Keith R. A. (w), Fernando Heinz Furukawa (p, i). StarCraft: Ghost Academy: Volume 1 (paperback binding). Tokyopop, December 29, 2009. ISBN 978-1427-81612-2.
- ↑ Gerrold, David (w), Fernando Heinz Furukawa (p, i). StarCraft: Ghost Academy: Volume 2 (paperback binding). Tokyopop, August 10, 2010. ISBN 978-1427-81613-9.