Primal hosts were a primal zerg species that evolved on Zerus. During the Second Great War, the Zerg Swarm invaded Zerus and fought the primal hosts of Brakk's pack. The essences of the primal hosts were taken by the Zerg Swarm to create the swarm host, a similar creature.
Primal hosts were deployed by Dehaka during the End War, and could be evolved from their swarm host counterparts. Sometime later, some swarm host strains began to merge with primal host strains, creating a strain with similar traits to both.
- A similar skin to the primal host is available in multiplayer for players who reach level 7 with the zerg Katowice 2018 War Chest.
- In the mission "Waking the Ancient," the primal zerg swarm hosts that are encountered are labeled as "swarm hosts," but later information indicates that those were primal hosts.
Increases the armor of all primal zerg units.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void. Collections Tab: Skins. October 17, 2016
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm. (Activision Blizzard). PC. Mission: Heart of the Swarm, The Crucible (in English). 2013-03-12.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void. (Activision Blizzard) (in English). November 10, 2015