This article is about the unit's attribute. You may be looking for: Psionic Powers
Psionic is a StarCraft II attribute and flavor element.
List of Psionic unitsEdit
Units in Starcraft II are tagged with one or more Attributes that determine bonus damage, affect targeting, and/or can influence spells and abilities.
The Psionic units, categorized by race, are listed below.
- Dark archon
- Dark templar
- High templar
- Warp prism
- Chrysalis ("The Crucible")
- Hybrid dominator
- Oblivion construct
- Rampage construct
- Torment construct
- Void chasm
- Void crystal (Amon's Fall)
- Zenith stone
Negative Spells and AbilitiesEdit
Disables a Mechanical or Psionic unit, rendering it unable to attack or use abilities for 8 seconds. Reveals cloaked units.
Instantly kill the target enemy unit to heal 5% Life and gain passive abilities based on the enemy type for 15 seconds. The cooldown is based on the amount of life the enemy has when killed.
Devour Level 2: Increases the Devour's range from 6 to 9 and increases the passive abilities duration from 15 seconds to 25 seconds.
Devour Level 3: Increases the Devour's range from 9 to 12 and decreases the cooldown by 20%.
Received passive abilities depend on the type-tag of the devoured unit:
- Air: Gain a ranged attack (Mammoth Breath)
- Armored: Gain bonus 30% damage against armored units
- Biological: Heal 20% life (summary 25%)
- Light: Gain 30% movement speed
- Massive: Gain +3 armor and reflect damage (10 per hit) at attackers
- Mechanical: Gain 30% attack speed
- Psionic: Explode with Psionic Energy (200% Weapon Damage with a radius 3) and abilities cooldown 50% faster.
The attribute Psionic was initially just a flavor element. But after Patch 1.4.3, it became important since the Sniper Round ability of ghosts dealt additional damage to Psionic units. In Legacy of the Void, since the ghost lost this ability in exchange for Steady Targeting, Psionic came back to being a flavor attribute. In Patch 4.0.0, Psionic yet again stopped being a flavor attribute with the introduction of the raven's Interference Matrix.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty. (Activision Blizzard). PC. Mission: Wings of Liberty, Ghost of a Chance (in English). 2010-07-27.
- ↑ You can't target mechanical units with Ghost's Psi Round, like Battlecruiser, Mothership and Nullifier. Cydra. 2009-02-18. Question about Psi Rounds. Battle.net StarCraft II General Discussion Forum. Accessed 2009-02-18.
- ↑ Snipe and Psi Round are the same. You Snipe with a Psi Round, which currently does 20 damage + 80 versus Psionic Units. This means, Ghosts are not only able to see energy based units in a limited range within the fog of war, they also take out units like High Templars with one Psi Round shot, making them excellent caster killers. Karune. 2008-11-25. Ghost quesion for Karune/Cydra. Battle.net StarCraft II General Discussion Forum. Accessed 2008-11-25.
- ↑ 1) Has the snipe ability been removed from the Ghost?
1) No. Karune, Gentle_cowboy05. 2008-11-25. Ghost quesion for Karune/Cydra. Battle.net StarCraft II General Discussion Forum. Accessed 2008-11-25.