The psionic shockwave is a psionic power possessed by archons. Using their rage and will, they are able to direct their own energy as a weapon. The powerful blasts produced rip organic tissue apart, causing massive damage through rapid cellular degeneration and the transfer of thermal energy. While psionic shockwaves are most effective against biological targets, even heavy plating yields before their might.
A different version of psionic shockwave was used by hybrid dominators. Rather than a focused blast of energy, these attacks were a burst of energy in all directions from the hybrid, knocking back all opponents.
Game Effect[edit | edit source]
Hybrid[edit | edit source]
Knocks all enemy units away from user, dealing 20 damage and stunning them for a short time.
Used in Heart of the Swarm only.
Tal'darim[edit | edit source]
Alarak's psionic shockwaves are cosmetic, having no game effect.
References[edit | edit source]
- 2015-04-09, Archon Science. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2015-04-11
- Golden, Christie. StarCraft: The Dark Templar Saga #2: Shadow Hunters. Pocket Star Books, November 27, 2007. ISBN 0-7434-7126-1.
- Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void. (Activision Blizzard). PC. Mission: Rak'Shir. (in English). November 10, 2015
- Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void. (Activision Blizzard). PC. Mission: Co-op Missions, Chain of Ascension (in English). 2016-03-29.
- Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm. (Activision Blizzard). PC. Mission: Heart of the Swarm, Hand of Darkness (in English). 2013-03-12.
- Bill Slavicsek, David Eckelberry, Shawn F. Carnes. Alternity: StarCraft Edition. Wizards of the Coast, March 1, 2000. ISBN 0-7869-1618-4