You may be looking for:
The Purifier is a type of mothership variant.
Overview[edit | edit source]
Purifiers are capable of laying waste to entire planets. are protected by plasma shield technology that is impenetrable to terran attacks, if maintained by several nexus; destroying them drops its shields.
History[edit | edit source]
A purifier was used by High Executor Selendis to attack the terran colony on Haven during the Second Great War; the protoss detected zerg infestation spores amongst the colonists and moved to liquidate them. Commander Jim Raynor refused to condemn the colonists who had not yet manifested symptoms of infestation. The ship was destroyed by Raynor's Raiders and the colony was saved.
Game Unit[edit | edit source]
If "Safe Haven" is played on Brutal the Purifier can detect cloaked and burrowed units. It can be countered with heavy anti-air options, but may be easiest with mass vikings. During the approach, if attacked from the opposite side it's moving toward, the Purifier can be attacked without it triggering its black hole and warp in abilities.
References[edit | edit source]
- Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty. (Activision Blizzard) (in English). July 27, 2010 (Play Guide blurbs)
- Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty. (Activision Blizzard). PC. Mission: Wings of Liberty, Safe Haven (in English). 2010-07-27.
- Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void. Mission: For Aiur!. (in English). November 10, 2015
- 2007-05-19. Gameplay Trailer. Blizzard Entertainment. Accessed 2007-08-12.
- Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II Map Editor. (Activision Blizzard) (in English). July 27, 2010