You may be looking for:
This article or section contains information about StarCraft: Ghost, which has been declared non-canon. Elements may be taken as 'flavor lore' however.
- For StarCraft: Ghost in-game quotations see: StarCraft: Ghost Purifier Quotations.
The vindicator, also known as the purifier, is a unit in StarCraft: Ghost. It carries a single, large ranged weapon on its arm which fires a long blue pulse or a lightning gun. The purifier did not move while firing the ranged weapon.
The following section contains information from a previous version of StarCraft II which is no longer valid.
The soul hunter was a protoss ranged infantry unit in StarCraft II. It had the ability to gain power from destroying biological units. It was canceled during development and was renamed to the purifier.
The purifier, which started out "a little weak", became stronger every time it killed one or two infantry units, as this enhanced the unit, allowing it to fire more beams (up to three) and thus do more damage.
The soul hunter was canceled as it was difficult to make it easily readable in big battles when the soul hunter had upgraded. Another reason is that the unit was too-heavily targeted against the zerg, since they have so many low hit point units, as opposed to other factions. The unit was replaced by the immortal, and its name was moved to a mothership variation. Even after its cancellation the art for the unit remained popular among staff at Blizzard.
The vindicator is a type of paladin in World of Warcraft. They are particularly common among the uncorrupted draenei. Some broken draenei warriors are also called vindicators. Purifier is a title also used among paladins and the name of a gun.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 BlizzardCinematic. 2006-12-22. Starcraft Ghost: Shadow Warrior (50 second and 1:10 mark). Youtube. Accessed 2008-06-12.
- ↑ Ghost Stories. Gamespy. Accessed 2008-08-11.
- ↑ StarCraft: Ghost units. StarCraft Legacy. Accessed 2008-06-10.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 2007-07-14. StarCraft II - E3 2007 Combat Units Interview. Gametrailers.com Accessed 2007-07-15.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 Onyett, Charles. 2007-07-11. E3 2007: StarCraft II Progress Report. IGN. Accessed 2007-07-12.
- ↑ Browder, Dustin (Cavez). 2007-07-19. Unit Training Camp Battle.net StarCraft General Discussion Forum. Accessed 2007-07-19.
- ↑ and a nice piece done of the 'Purifier,' which was originally known to the community as the Soul Hunter: Karune. 2008-08-06. Firebat Transition Into the Marauder. Battle.net StarCraft II General Discussion Forum. Accessed 2008-08-06.
- ↑ StarCraft 2: First Look: Protoss. Filefront. Accessed 2007-07-4.
- ↑ Nazzul. 2007-06-12. Starcraft 2 Gameplay footage and unit preview. Youtube. Accessed 2009-10-25.
- ↑ 2010, Protoss Ice World. Sons of the Storm, accessed on 2014-06-01
- ↑ 2007-07-11. E3 2007: Video Interview. PC Gamer. Accessed 2007-07-13.
- ↑ Karune. 2007-12-14. StarCraft II Q&A - Batch 24. StarCraft II General Discussion Forum. Accessed 2007-12-14.
- ↑ Carpenter, Nick (w), Didier, Samwise (w), Metzen, Chris (w), The Art of Blizzard Entertainment (hardcover). Insight Editions, February 12, 2013. ISBN 1608-87027-8.
- ↑ Vindicator
- ↑ Delgren the Purifier
- ↑ The Purifier