The following section contains information from a previous version of StarCraft II which is no longer valid.
The radar tower was a terran structure that scans for enemy signatures inside a wide radius within the fog of war. Uncloaked units in the fog appeared as small red exclamation marks on the map. The tower emits an alarm when enemy units are detected.
In earlier builds the radar tower was an upgrade to the sensor tower.
The radar tower became the sensor tower with the name changed. The new version of the radar tower (in the WWI 2008 build) remained as the same appearance and abilities of the old sensor tower. However, it was later renamed again to the sensor tower.
Icon names indicate it was at some point referred to as the "Radar Dome".
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 StarCraft Legacy staff. 2009-04-04. WWI 08 Coverage - Terran Buildings. StarCraft Legacy. Accessed 2009-06-20.
- ↑ Shoemaker, Brad. 2007-08-03. BlizzCon 07: Starcraft II Hands-On -- The Terrans. GameSpot. Accessed 2007-09-22.
- ↑ 2007-09-13. Gameplay Video - Terran. Blizzard Entertainment. Accessed 2007-09-14.
- ↑ Karune. 2007-08-24. StarCraft II Q&A - Batch 10. StarCraft II General Discussion Forums. Accessed 2007-08-24.
- ↑ StarCraft Legacy staff. 2008-10-29. Terran Building Information. StarCraft Legacy. Accessed 2008-11-03.