The Sara system was initially catalogued by freelance prospectors and colonized by an expedition from Tarsonis several years later by 2480, it was in the hands of the Terran Confederacy. The catalytic elements required to forge neosteel were discovered there not long after the completion of the New Folsom Confederate Mine.
Confederate traffic increased substantially within the system in the four days which followed the protoss incineration of Chau Sara on December 8, 2499. In the meantime the Confederates tightened security on all outlying systems. Fearing that Mar Sara would be next, there was panic and a Magistrate was sent to keep the peace among colonists and safeguard them.
The Kel-Morian Combine staked a claim to mining and salvage rights over the system shortly after its prospectors found that minerals on Mar Sara had acquired unique properties due to the protoss bombardment. In 2502, independent and indentured contractors began strip-mining both planets of their resources.
The Terran Dominion showed a renewed interest in the system and established several outposts there. The Combine claimed that these outposts were established at their invitation due to security issues with piracy and mining camp revolts.
In response to the second zerg invasion that began the Second Great War, General Horace Warfield began Operation Burnout to clear the system. The First Fleet engaged the zerg in the system soon thereafter.
- Blizzard Entertainment. 2010-07-24. Koprulu Sector Systems: Mar Sara. Blizzard Entertainment. Accessed 2010-07-24.
- McNeill, Graham (December 30, 2008). StarCraft: I, Mengsk. Simon & Schuster (Pocket Star). ISBN 1416-55083-6.
- Blizzard Entertainment. 2010-07-24. Koprulu Sector Systems: New Folsom. Blizzard Entertainment. Accessed 2010-07-24.
- Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft. Vivendi Games. Mission: Wasteland (in English). 1998.
- Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty. (Activision Blizzard). PC. UNN newscast after "The Evacuation." (in English). 2010.
- Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty. (Activision Blizzard). PC. UNN newscast after "Outbreak." (in English). 2010.