The title of this article is conjectural. The subject has no canonical name.
Sea urchin-looking creatures appeared as supermassive Zerg Swarm spacefaring bioforms during the Great War, when the Overmind mobilized his forces to prepare the invasion of Aiur. They followed the Swarm through a wormhole and prepared to besiege the planet.
The sea urchin creature was designed for the StarCraft cinematic "The Warp," as the artists behind the cinematic thought there needed to be larger zerg creatures than the standard zerg units present. The unit was not present in the gameplay of the final game.
- Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft. Vivendi Games. Cinematic: The Warp. (in English). 1998.
- BlizzArchive. 2013-02-15. Starcraft 1 - Director's Commentary - Zerg #3. SC2pod. Accessed 2019-07-19.
- Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft. Vivendi Games. Mission: Full Circle (in English). 1998.
- Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft: Remastered. (Blizzard Entertainment) (in English). 2017-08-24.
- Mesta, Gabriel (July 1, 2001). StarCraft: Shadow of the Xel'Naga. Simon & Schuster (Pocket Star). ISBN 978-0671-04149-6.
- Kindregan, Brian T. "Mothership" (January 15, 2010). Blizzard Entertainment. Mothership Accessed 2010-01-15.