The title of this article is conjectural. The subject has no canonical name.
A sea urchin-looking creature appeared as a supermassive Zerg Swarm spacefaring bioform during the Great War, when the Overmind mobilized his forces to prepare the invasion of Aiur. It followed the Swarm through a wormhole and prepared to besiege the planet.
Notes[edit | edit source]
The sea urchin creature was designed for the StarCraft cinematic "The Warp," as the artists behind the cinematic thought there needed to be larger zerg creatures present than the standard zerg units. The unit was not present in the gameplay of the final game.
Though its role in the swarm appears to be similar to the behemoth, behemoths are described as manta ray-like, while the sea urchin creature is more amorphous. While leviathans were present during the battle of Aiur, it is unclear whether they are connected.
References[edit | edit source]
- Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft. Vivendi Games. Cinematic: The Warp. (in English). 1998.
- BlizzArchive. 2013-02-15. Starcraft 1 - Director's Commentary - Zerg #3. SC2pod. Accessed 2019-07-19.
- Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft. Vivendi Games. Mission: Full Circle (in English). 1998.
- Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft: Remastered. (Blizzard Entertainment) (in English). August 24, 2017.
- Mesta, Gabriel (July 1, 2001). StarCraft: Shadow of the Xel'Naga. Simon & Schuster (Pocket Star). ISBN 978-0671-04149-6.
- Kindregan, Brian T. "Mothership." (January 15, 2010). Blizzard Entertainment. Mothership Accessed 2010-01-15.