- Character description(src)
After Sarah Kerrigan's rebirth on Zerus as the primal Queen of Blades, the primal pack leaders sent most of their forces against her Swarm, leaving themselves vulnerable. While Zagara defended Kerrigan's leviathan against the primal forces, Kerrigan, aided by Dehaka's pack, set out to challenge the pack leaders personally. After killing Yagdra and Kraith, Kerrigan came for Slivan. She fought her way through Slivan's pack, before battling and killing Slivan herself. Kerrigan then absorbed Slivan's essence.
Heart of the Swarm
- Slivan's combat strategy(src)
Slivan is a larger version of the swarm host and spawns virtually endless waves of creepers, which are the primary obstacle on fighting her; the player must keep moving about to avoid being overwhelmed by the exploding creepers.
On her own, Slivan moves slowly and has the lowest HP of the three pack leaders. She has no innate attack, but an Acid Vomit ability that functions as her main attack. Acid Vomit creates a lasting slime puddle that slows all units that walk through it and deals damage over time.
As with the other pack leaders, Slivan's remaining minions will die once she is killed.
Heroes of the Storm
- If viewed in the map editor, the creeper sacs on Slivan's back take on team colors.
- Initial concepts for Slivan were of a "much more disgusting, larva-based monster." However, as development of "Supreme" was taking a large toll on the development team, Slivan's model was decided to be that of a swarm host.
- Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm. (Activision Blizzard). PC. Credits. (in English). 2013.
- Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm. (Activision Blizzard). PC. Mission: Heart of the Swarm, Supreme (in English). 2013-03-12.
- PhilGonzo Deviantart. Zerg Swarm Host Deviantart.com. April 20, 2019.