Special Research Operations, otherwise referred to as "Special Research Ops" or "SRO" is a Dominion research unit. Its parameters of operation include research into the zerg. It possesses a Xenobiology Department which has conducted such observations.
Special Research Operations was the first group to document the zerg tactic of setting "tripwires," where the zerg would discover a rich source of minerals, burrow forces near the deposit, and ambush anyone who came to mine the resources. The group also monitored the attack on Thys and the progress of Project Tamed, using controlled hydralisks as weapons, a project which ended in failure.
In 2505, when a feral mutalisk spire was discovered on Choss, SRO sent Doctor Brad Champlain to find and recover a canny mutalisk corpse for study. He was successful, and the mutalisk corpse was brought to Project Blackstone.
- ↑ Dayton, Cameron. "Broken Wide." (March 5, 2010). Blizzard Entertainment. Broken Wide Accessed 2010-03-05.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. Project Blackstone, accessed on 2013-03-01
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Bogdanove, Kal-El. "Frenzy." (Feb. 28, 2013). Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft Lore: Frenzy Accessed 2013-02-28.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Maxwell, Matthew. "The Teacher." (Feb. 20, 2013). Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft Lore: The Teacher Accessed 2013-02-20.
- ↑ Bogdanove, Kal-El. "The Fightin' SceeVees." (May 30, 2013). Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft Lore: The Fightin' SceeVees. Accessed 2013-05-30