You may be looking for:
A spirit is literally defined as a non-corporal being or entity.
Effectively synonymous with the concept of a soul, a number of protoss have reached such a state of existence, such as Zamara. The Nerazim believe that Adun also reached such a stage after his sacrifice to save them from the wrath of the Conclave, ascending to a higher plane of existence.
If technopathic and pyrokinetic interactions are any indication, then machine and fire spirits appear to exist respectively. Certainly the existence of the former fits in with the teachings of the Church of Besainted Pelagius, its disciples considering their technology to be holy as per the temporal presence of the Supreme Watchmaker. Hajian voodoo believed in a pantheon of spirits named loa that inhabited a spirit world.
- The text on the packaging for the archon superball available for purchase at BlizzCon 2014 described the archon as "made from sacrificed High Templar and Dark Templar souls." This however seems to be a statement made in jest.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Golden, Christie (June 30, 2009). StarCraft: The Dark Templar Saga #3: Twilight. Simon & Schuster (Pocket Star). ISBN 978-0-7434-7129-9.
- ↑ Gerrold, David (w), Fernando Heinz Furukawa (p, i). StarCraft: Ghost Academy: Volume 2 (paperback binding). Tokyopop, August 10, 2010. ISBN 978-1427-81613-9.
- ↑ Gillen, Kieron (w), Hector Sevilla (p, i). "A Ghost Story." In StarCraft: Frontline: Volume 2 (paperback binding), pp. 122-169. Tokyopop, January 1, 2009. ISBN 978-1427-80831-8.
- ↑ Kenyon, Nate. (September 27, 2011). StarCraft: Ghost: Spectres. Simon & Schuster (Pocket Star). ISBN 978-1439-10938-0.