Splash damage is a term used in StarCraft and StarCraft II to refer to damage taken by units in the area surrounding a point of weapon impact. This damage is highest at the point of impact, and usually decreases the further the affected units are from that point. Splash damage is most effective versus large groups of weak units. Some attacks with splash damage may damage friendly units as well.
StarCraft units Edit
The Valkyrie has the largest splash area.
StarCraft II units Edit
- Liberator (air attack only)
- Raid liberator
- Hellion (straight line)
- Siege tank (siege mode, damages friendlies)
- Thor (only ground-to-air attack)
- Raven (Hunter-seeker missile, damages friendlies)
- Planetary fortress
- Widow mine (damages any friendlies except itself or other widow mines)
- Campaign and Co-op only: