StarCraft: Frontline: Volume 1 is the first graphic novel in the three-part StarCraft: Frontline series.
The Journey, a story in Warcraft: Legends, Volume 1, was previewed in Frontline: Volume 1.
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
The world of StarCraft comes alive in this new anthology! In a story by Richard Knaak, a Thor driver's ego leads him and two partners to try to pull off a heist in the middle of a war zone. A Viking pilot must battle his mentor for the lives of an entire colony, and a Terran mining colony is overrun by the Zerg, but what should the marines and miners who remain do with the cause of this invasion… a psionic six-year-old child.
Stories[edit | edit source]
StarCraft: Frontline: Volume 1 includes four stories.
- Why We Fight by Josh Elder and Ramanda Kamarga. Previewed in Warcraft: Legends, Volume 1.
- Thundergod by Richard A. Knaak and Naohiro Washio.
- Weapon of War by Paul Benjamin, Dave Shramek and Hector Sevilla. Previewed in Warcraft: Legends, Volume 2.
- Heavy Armor, Part 1 by Simon Furman and Jesse Elliott.
Excerpt[edit | edit source]
Tokyopop staff. StarCraft: Frontline (excerpts). Tokyopop. Accessed 2008-09-15.
Notes[edit | edit source]
StarCraft: Frontline: Volume 1 achieved a #57 sales rank in August 2008.
It won the Chronic Rift Roundtable best manga Award for 2008.
References[edit | edit source]
Morrissey, Paul, ed. StarCraft: Frontline: Volume 1. Tokyopop, August 1, 2008. ISBN 978-1427-80721-2.
- Blizzard Entertainment. 2011-07-18. Loremaster: July’s Digital Manga Releases. Blizzard Entertainment. Accessed 2011-07-19.
- August 2008 Comic Book Sales Figures: Estimated Comics Sold to North American Comics Shops as Reported by Diamond Comic Distributors The Comics Chronicle. Accessed 2008-11-02.
- Donovan, Hope and Troy Lewter, ed. StarCraft: Frontline: Volume 3 (paperback binding). Tokyopop, July 14, 2009. ISBN 978-1427-80832-5.
|The next article in this series is StarCraft: Frontline: Volume 2.|