The following section contains information from a previous version of StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm which is no longer valid.
Beta Availability[edit | edit source]
As of December 2012, players who preordered Heart of the Swarm by December 18th would automatically get a beta invite. Those who buy afterward will be invited in waves.
Participating in the Rate the Game contest, which involved playing and rating a custom game in the Arcade beta, will give players a chance to access the Heart of the Swarm beta. Blizzard will randomly choose 250 eligible contestants for a beta key. As of June 22nd, another contest opened, giving access to 500 more beta keys.
Maps Available[edit | edit source]
- Howling Peaks: 2-player 1x1 ice map
- Fractured Glacier: 4-player 1x1 ice map
- Akilon Wastes: 2-player 1x1 desert map
- Korhal City: 4-player 1x1 city map (new Korhal tileset)
- Star Station: 4-player 1x1 protoss-themed space platform
On current version of beta only the 1x1 mode is available on quick match.