Whats going to happen to them in Starcraft II? Take more damage?(Assaulthead 12:38, 28 September 2007 (UTC))
Dominion image Edit
Can't this image be used in place of the current one? http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100703214752/starcraft/images/6/62/TerranDominion_Logo2a.svg Omega20 12:41, June 28, 2011 (UTC)
Well, it's a subjective choice, but I prefer the current one. The one you recomend, while working for a 'flag template' for characters, doesn't possess the same level of detail.--Hawki 22:01, June 28, 2011 (UTC)
New Dominion colorEdit
In Legacy of the Void we can see the new Dominion color is blue (yeah I know show light blue, but in the epilogue when you use the Terran or in the final mission (when you must destroy the crystals of Amon) you can see they are blue like Raiders in WoL, and they are not the Raiders, because if you see the faction name say "Dominion") I think too the decal now is the Raider's decal (this make sense, because the Mengsk's decal represent a arm with a whip, is not a good decal for a "right" government--PRISON KEEPER (talk) 23:39, November 12, 2015 (UTC)
- In Nova DLC trailer we can see Horner with blue-suit marine, this is the final proof the Dominion changed color in blue, like I said.--PRISON KEEPER (talk) 11:01, March 28, 2016 (UTC)
- I'm actually a little iffy on whether the campaign colors indicate anything anymore. During the last mission outro you see two DoM marines taking Nova and they're both blue. During the first mission DoM forces are light blue, though I haven't tried to make them aggressive to see if their colors change. Having said that the lack of any red Dominion marines makes me feel safe to say the Dominion is blue. Subsourian (talk) 10:34, August 4, 2016 (UTC)
Okay, there seems to be a recurring trend here, so I want to re-iterate it here:
- Nova Covert Ops doesn't take place in 2508. We only know it takes place a few years after that date.
- We can't claim that Valerian's rule has ended. He states his intention to Davis, there's nothing after that at this time of writing to show the outcome of that declaration, or whether he's sincere, or bluffing. Doesn't help the case that the old synopsis of StarCraft: Evolution still called him emperor, which has been suggested to take place after NCO.
- We need to cut down on stuff like "Arcturus I" and "Valerian I." "Arcturus I," as far as I can recall, has been used a grand total of once, in the UED Brood War campaign. "Valerian I," as far as I'm aware, has been used zero times. It's logical to assume that Valerian's formal name might be "Valerian I," but it's an assumption at the end of the day.--Hawki (talk) 05:16, August 4, 2016 (UTC)
So Soldiers is out, and the Dominion color there has some blue but is predominantly red. Though there are hints it's pre-NCO (given the Defenders stuff on Perkins desk) it's still post-LotV. Should we switch back to red and maybe make a note that the Dominion often used blue, or just keep it the way it is now? I'm thinking blue should be for former Raiders who still seem to use the scheme, but the case here is pretty damning for keeping all Dominion red. --Subsourian (talk) 02:44, January 24, 2019 (UTC)
- I agree. Change the predominant scheme to red, but make a note on the Dominion page (and I think the DMC page as well, because they're often the ones that embody the whole color thing), concerning the whole "red to blue to both/whatever" thing.--Hawki (talk) 03:59, January 24, 2019 (UTC)
Okay, I've no idea how this became a thing, but there's no issue with Bosquette's quote from my eyes. It's a statement of disdain towards politicians. That's a common sentiment both in the real world, and there's a precedent in-universe as well. It's also not limited to Arcturus's regime either, so the idea of it being outdated doesn't hold water, and even if it was specific to one point in time, the section where it's being used can still easily accomadate it.--Hawki (talk) 12:18, April 18, 2019 (UTC)
- That was my thoughts as well, we see a lot of that sort of distrust and corruption among Valerian's regime as well (see Nova: The Keep). I think it fits fine, I thought it was a cheeky little quote that fit the general attitude we see a lot toward Dominion politicians through the entire series. --Subsourian (talk) 15:52, April 18, 2019 (UTC)