Team 1's existence (in terms of staff, the name was coined much later) stems back to at least 1994. It is primarily concerned with box products. The original StarCraft was produced by Team 1. They subsequently worked on Warcraft III. More recent products include StarCraft II and Heroes of the Storm.
In 2015, the StarCraft II element of Team 1 was divided into at least two sub-teams. One focused entirely on e-sports and multiplayer. The other focused on singleplayer. Other team members also worked on the Arcade. As of November 2018 however, the team appears to be predominantly based around Heroes of the Storm.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 2018-11-08, Our Full BlizzCon Interview With Blizzard Co-Founder Allen Adham. Game Informer, accessed on 2018-11-19
- ↑ 2014-10-03, THE THREE LIVES OF BLIZZARD ENTERTAINMENT. Polygon, accessed on 2014-10-04
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 2014-02-07, Heroes of the Storm Developer Q&A Part 2 (Jan 22, 2014) – Transcript. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2014-06-11
- ↑ 2014-08-20, Heroes of the Storm Interview with Kaeo Milker. Icy Veins, accessed on 2014-08-23
- ↑ 2015-06-22, E3 2015 – PCGamer StarCraft II: Whispers of Oblivion Prologue Missions Announced. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2015-06-24