The Shattered Temple is a 4 player map for StarCraft II. However, it has proven popular as a 1v1 map also, standing as the second most popular as of May, 2011. It became part of the ladder pool in season 4, with close spawn positions removed. However, it was removed from the ladder for season 7.
The map is based on Lost Temple, but is more balanced. Improvements to Lost Temple found in this map include:
- A wider center area
- The xel'naga tower now only covers a part of the center of the map. It is possible to sneak units around the corners of the central area without getting detected by the watch tower.
- Rocked-off islands. This creates an alternate attack route and reduces stalemate situations that islands cause.
- Larger choke point by the expansion makes it more difficult to block off.
Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II. (Activision Blizzard) Map: The Shattered Temple (in English). 2011.
- ↑ 2011-05-07, Melee Map Madness. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2011-05-10
- ↑ Daxxari. 2011-10-25. Season 4 Map Changes - UPDATED. StarCraft II General Discussion Forum. Accessed 2011-11-11.
- ↑ 2012-05-29, Season 7 Ladder Map Update. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2012-04-02
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment staff. 2011-03-03. Patch 1.3 Map Changes. Blizzard Entertainment. Accessed 2011-04-09.