Bain was diagnosed with bowel cancer in 2014. In May 2018, he announced that chemotherapy had failed to remove the cancer, and that his liver was failing, hence his retirement from game commentary/criticism. He passed away on May 24th, 2018. In Patch 4.6.1, a commemorative bundle was made for TotalBiscuit with all proceeds going toward his family.
- ↑ 2017-10-19, StarCraft Twitter. Twitter, accessed on 2017-10-22
- ↑ 2017-1-19, TotalBiscuit Announcer and Contest. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2017-1-24
- ↑ 2018-05-02, Game Critic TotalBiscuit Says He's Retiring: 'I Don't Have Long Left'. Kotaku, accessed on 2018-05-02
- ↑ 2018-05-24, Genna Bain Twitter. Twitter.com, accessed on 2018-05-24
- ↑ 2018-09-11, Genna Bain Twitter. Battle.net, accessed on 2018-09-11