The Velari Tribe is a protoss tribe of the Templar Caste. Its tribal color is yellow.
The Velari Tribe was unheard of by the Shelak Tribe by the late Aeon of Strife period. Regardless, with the unification of the protoss under the Khala and the creation of the caste system, the Velari were seemingly organized under the Templar Caste. The Velari provided protoss with a deep connection to the Khala, and the Grand Preservers of the Protoss Empire were of the Velari Tribe.
During the Great War, the Velari helped to defend Aiur against the zerg. They participated in the protection of the khaydarin crystals and in the defense of the sacred protoss temple alongside the Ara, Akilae and Auriga Tribes. However, despite their efforts, the zerg managed to destroy the protoss defenses, resulting in the Overmind implanting itself on the planet.
By 2503 the Velari Tribe had no representation in the Hierarchy.
The name Velari is possibly derived from the Latin word velites "skirmishers" (sing. veles) or velati "reserved < unarmed < covered/dressed" (sing. velatus).
- ↑ Golden, Christie (May 22, 2007). StarCraft: The Dark Templar Saga #1: Firstborn. Simon & Schuster (Pocket Star). ISBN 978-0-7434-7125-1.
- ↑ Zapotek, Ren (w), Noel Rodriguez (p, i). "Twilight Archon." In StarCraft: Frontline: Volume 3 (paperback binding), pp. 132-177. Tokyopop, July 14, 2009. ISBN 978-1427-80832-5.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void. (Activision Blizzard). PC. Rohana (in English). 2015.
- ↑ StarCraft. Vivendi Games. Mission: The Invasion of Aiur (in English). 1998.
- ↑ StarCraft. Vivendi Games. Mission: Full Circle (in English). 1998.
- ↑ StarCraft. Vivendi Games. Cinematic: The Invasion of Aiur (in English). 1998.
- ↑ April 6, 2010. "Timeline". StarCraft II: Heaven's Devils. Simon & Schuster (Pocket Star). pp. 311 - 323. ISBN 978-1416-55084-6.
- ↑ Golden, Christie (June 30, 2009). StarCraft: The Dark Templar Saga #3: Twilight. Simon & Schuster (Pocket Star). ISBN 978-0-7434-7129-9.